You often read about the advantage of using an SEO or a PPC, but did you know that you can use them both and generate more results? If you allow these two to work together, you can achieve more heights for your business.
SEO vs. PPC: The Difference
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an organic way to generate traffic to a site while Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is a paid process to get the same service. They are both a traffic boosting service your business can avail of to improve its online performance.
When the right strategy is implemented, both can generate good traffic to your site, but if you want an even better result, you can integrate and make the two work together for your website.
Before we discuss how they work together, let’s talk first about why they work:
- PPC or paid ads can generate more exposure to your brand. It can bring your site that is organically found in the fourth or tenth page in SERPs (Search Engine Results Page) to the first page.
- When an organic keyword suddenly drops, the PPC can pick it up immediately. SEO, on the other hand, can determine the reason behind the drop and find ways to resolve it.
- If a specific landing page is used for PPC ads, SEO can help improve that page’s ranking.
- When the SERPs recognize both your SEO and PPC’s improvement and dominance, they’d give you a better ranking signal across the web.
What you can get from the fusion
- Better traffic and visibility – When you activate the power of these two systems, you’ll cover more bases and get more exposure. That’s the most obvious benefit of combining the two.
- Increase in returning visitors and faster ROI: More exposure means more chance to get a first visit (from the awareness phase) and a second visit (from the purchasing phase). When you successfully convert a visit into a purchase, you’ll get better sales and faster ROI.
- High PPC quality scores for your keywords and ads: When sites like Google and Microsoft Ads scan your ads, they scan everything, including the title, page description, etc. When your PPC is also SEO powered, you’ll get higher ratings in terms of your targeted keywords and its relevancy from SERPs. That can lead to a lower cost per click, which is a big win.
- Better PPC gives your SEO better results: Optimizing a PPC landing page for SEO can boost your paid and organic search results. Adding a PPC effort can also improve your SEO keywords’ organic ranking.
Now that you see how each benefit one another, here’s what you can do to integrate them:
How to integrate PPC data with SEO
- You can use the PPC data you have in determining the best keyword to use for SEO.
- If you’re using the Google Keyword Planner for the PPC data, you’re probably aware of the “Competition” column. This data will give you an idea of how well you are performing among competitors. You can adjust your overall SEO strategy based on this. For example, if you are a small business, you can focus on targeting the low and medium competition keywords.
How to use SEO data on PPC
- SEO can effectively drive traffic, but PPC can help you get your desired conversion.
- Convert your site visitors through PPC’s remarketing. All your site visitors will see your ad again once you purchase ad space in Google’s Display Network.
- If you have both SEO and PPC, you get to see how your efforts perform. If your top SEO keywords are already on the first page with higher ranking, there’s no need for you to optimize it via PPC. This way, you can save money.
When it comes to online marketing strategies, you always have more than two options: option A, option B, or a combination of A and B. When aiming for better results, you can always explore new methods. That is how you’ll find the best strategy to help improve and grow your business.
Are you looking for a PPC agency in Pittsburgh? Besides our effective PPC service, we are also Pittsburgh’s SEO expert. Let us help your website generate more assets! Contact us today.